Mintop® solution is manufactured by Dr. Reddy's.
Mintop® is intended for external use only. The solution can be used only for hereditary hair loss.
Male baldness begins above the temples and vertex, or calvaria, of the scalp. As it progresses, a rim of hair at the sides and rear of the head remains. MPHL occurs due to a combination of genetics and the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Female-pattern hair loss more often causes diffuse thinning without hairline recession; similar to its male counterpart, androgenetic alopecia in women rarely leads to total hair loss. FPHL is usually caused by aging, genetic or changes in the levels of androgens (male hormones). For example, after reaching menopause, many women find that the hair on their head is thinner, while the hair on their face is coarser.
Mintop’s® active ingredient Minoxidil is a trichogenic agent and vasodilator. It is effective at stopping hair loss in both men and women and may produce hair growth in some patients. Minoxidil acts by dilating blood vessels and opening potassium channels, thus, allowing more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles. This shortens the follicle resting phase (telogen), which is followed then by a new anagen phase (active phase of growth).
Mintop® solution must be used continuously to maintain effects on hair growth.
Minoxidil is also used as a systemic antihypertensive, but it does not cause hypotension when used as a topical therapy for hair loss.
Hair loss may increase during the first 2 weeks of Mintop’s® use. This is temporary and expected, and is a sign that old hairs are being shed as new ones start to grow.
Remember, that Mintop® is less effective when there is a large area of hair loss. Its effectiveness is more noticeable in younger men who have experienced hair loss for less than 5 years.
Mintop® solution is for topical use only.
Avoid getting solution in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get minoxidil solution in your eyes, wash them out with cool tap water.
Do not use on scalp that is irritated or sunburned.
1. Wash your scalp with a mild shampoo. Your hair and scalp must be dry before applying Mintop® solution.
2. Make sure you use 1 ml of Minoxidil solution per application, not more than twice daily. To apply solution on the scalp areas, use a special dropper. Apply the liquid onto different areas of the front and top of the scalp.
3. Wash your hands after applying Mintop® solution.
4. Allow the solution to remain on the scalp for at least 4 hours before washing. Wait approximately 4 hours after application before going swimming, and do not allow your scalp to get wet from the rain after applying the solution. The night-time application should be done 2-4 hours before going to bed to allow the solution to dry out.
5. Wait until the solution is dry before using other hair care products. A hair dryer should not be used to speed up the drying of the solution as it may decrease the effectiveness.
It may take several months before the improvement appears. If you do not see improvement after 4 months, check with your doctor.
Temporary hair loss may continue for up to 2 weeks after you start using minoxidil solution.
Missing a dose
More frequent use or longer application time have no effect on the hair growth. In case of missing any daily applications of Mintop®, the patient should continue with the next application.
The drug should not be used more than two times a day, or be taken orally or applied to any other part of the body to avoid the risk of adverse effects and unwanted hair growth. The total daily application dose should not exceed 2 ml.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F) and away from excess moisture and heat. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date. Keep out of the reach of children.